Friday, March 20, 2009

My birthday

Since everyone else seemed to be having a birthday I thought I might as well have one too.


Sleeping in, breakfast in bed, the kids sang to me and I got to go to a movie with friends...what a great day!


Corey insisted offered to take me to dinner and after we had some time to kill so Corey reluctantly we went to the mall.


That's when it happened...


Before that day, I never really believed in love at first sight. I know that it's been said that two people will lock eyes across a crowded room and just, well, know. Ya know? I scoffed didn't really buy it.


Until...


Corey and were walking down the middle of the mall, he was listening to me talk about shoes we were talking and I just happened to glance over into a store. Like when you think you hear someone say your name and you look in that direction. My head just turned and I saw...them. From the middle of the mall...through the entire store...on the shelf...were...My.Shoes. I swear a beam of light shot straight down from heaven bathing them in light and angels started singing.

I did an abrupt 90 degree and headed straight for my love shoes. Corey continued to walk nodding like he was still listening but didn't even notice that I was gone. He found me, in the back of the store, whispering sweet nothings to my babies while I cradled them in my arms.


"Are you really going to buy them?"


Seriously? I gave him The Look (come on, don't ya know the one) and he didn't say another word. Couldn't he tell that I was already picking out a matching outfit in my head?


They are now home, safe and sound. Don't worry, it's not like I've built an altar for them....Yet...


Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

rachel said...

Don't you tell me you're not posting of picture of the beloved shoes that I even fell in love with just reading this post?!?!?!?! BECKY!!! Don't leave me hanging.

Hope your birthday was great!

Jut and Char said...

Happy Birthday!! And what about that picture. :)
Char