Monday, May 16, 2011
So...what do you do when you are 900 miles from home, on vacation, and you get the phone call?
Which phone call?
The one where you are informed that you have just been gifted 1000 pounds of strawberries.
1. Panic (repeat this step as often as necessary)
2. Cut your trip 12 hours short and drive through the night (this part is brutal) to get back.
3. Pick up the strawberries even before you go home.
4. Panic (again) as you realize you don't have the freezer space for the berries.
5. Go on Craigslist and find a freezer.
6. Find a free freezer that had just been posted.
7. Do a happy dance (this step is optional).
8. Wash berries, hull berries and freeze berries (repeat this step hundreds of times).
9. Be very, very grateful!