Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

My parents had someone give them more onions that they could use so we were gifted about 30 pounds of the little buggers.

I love having them already chopped, out in the freezer. It is so handy when doing mass cooking.

I used the food chopper this time, just because there were so many.

By the third onion I was crying harder then the time I scuffed the toes of my new plaid boots.

My husband suggested that I chew a piece of gum.

I honestly thought that it was some kind of old wives tale but at that point I was desperate.

I popped a piece of gum in my mouth and...

Not one more tear.

Crazy.

I dumped the onions on cookie sheets and set them out in the freezer overnight.

The next day you can easily break up the pieces and put them into ziplocks.

Then back into the freezer they go.

Easy peasy!

No comments: