Friday, April 2, 2010

Blond Brownies

As I've mentioned before...

Blond brownies are good.

I will whip up a double batch and send extras with my kids to share.

The teenage boys especially love these.

So much that yesterday I was presented with a poem.

An ode to Blond Brownies written by a 15 year old boy who is in the twins English class.


Blond Brownies

My love for blond brownies is as strong as
The triple bonds in a molecule
I don't know how I survived in the past
For their taste, I would face ridicule.

Those amazing brownies give me the chills
And I don't think straight, they give me shivers
Without their presence, I'd have to take pills
I would risk my life for just a sliver.

Baked fresh, I could eat an entire pan
Every crumb would completely disappear
Nothing could stop me, but that kids mom's van
I would eat it all without any fear.

No forces can stop what is meant to be
All I want is a blond brownie for me.


That totally cracked me up.

No one has ever written my food a poem before.

I am going to share the recipe with you...

because they are that good.

Blond Brownies with Brown Sugar Frosting

1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. butter (do not use margarine), softened
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Spread in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 x 9 inches.

Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.

Frost with Brown Sugar Frosting. Immediately sprinkle with pecans.

Enjoy! These are a gut buster but oh so good!

Brown Sugar Frosting

1/3 c. butter (do not use margarine)
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
3 T. milk
2 c. powered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk; cook until mixture comes to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in powered sugar and vanilla, mixing well with spoon after each addition, until smooth and spreadable. If necessary, add more milk, a few drops at a time.

Frost brownies immediately as this stuff sets up right away.

Enjoy!

No comments: