Thursday, April 15, 2010

Magic Mix

Remember when I said that I use Magic Mix to make my own Cream of Chicken soup?

Not only is it better for you...

It tastes de-lish too!

Here is how you make it (from the Utah State Extension office/Every Day Food Storage)

Magic Mix

2 1/3 cups powered milk OR 4 c. instant nonfat dry milk

1 cup flour

1 cup butter (room temperature)

Combine in a large bowl until it resembles cornmeal. My beater attachment on my KitchenAid mixer works like a charm. Store, sealed in the refrigerator until ready to use.


Cream of Chicken Soup

(Equal to one can condensed soup)

1 c. Magic Mix

3/4 c. chicken broth

1 t. dry parsley

dash onion salt

Put all the ingredients into a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wire whisk until mixture just comes to a boil.

That's all there is to it!

**You can use the liquid from a can of mushrooms for cream of mushroom soup. Add a few drops of Kitchen Bouquet for a darker color to this soup.

3 comments:

Jensamom23 said...

Thank you! Can't wait to try it and share it!

Unknown said...

i just found your blog...i love IT! i just posted your repurposed candle holders on my blog. i hope you dont mind....dejavucrafts.blogspot.com

Jut and Char said...

I am going to get some good use out of this one. Thanks!