Monday, March 8, 2010

Back from Boise

What a fun weekend we had!

I'm not sure who had the most fun...

Joseph who got to swim in a regional meet against really great swimmers

Me and Corey who got to hang out with our fav peeps that drove up from Utah

Levi who got to play with his cousins all weekend

Hannah who got to hang out at my parents house

Lily, Matthew, Joshua and Liz who stayed at the house of some wonderful friends of ours

Or, Michael and Timothy who stayed at home with an Oregon Duck football player and his wife

Everyone had a blast!

These are the memories that will last a lifetime.

As far as Joseph's swimming, he had only been 15 for 10 days going into this meet.

He was in the 15-21 category. So, basically, he was the low man on the totem pole.

He held his own and we were so proud of him.

The specifics on where he placed?

To be honest, I don't really know. I think the highest he placed was 10th and I'm not sure about the lowest, 16th? I don't keep very good track of placement, his time is more important to us.

I think the best race that he had was when he anchored the 200 free relay. That relay team took 4th place and was very fun to watch.

I guess I take Joe's physique for granted. At meets like this one, all the swimmers look like Joe.

But at school he sticks out. He is very humble about how he looks and seems even a little embarrassed about it. He never walks around with his shirt off, which I think would be rather arrogant.

He did say at school, after PE class, when he is getting dressed, people stare at him. He said that even the older kids do double takes.

I guess not many kids his age have six pack abs. I don't even want to think about how many hours he spent in the pool in order to look like that.

There was a little 8 year old boy at the swim meet that kept calling Joe, "The Ab Master". It was very cute. It made Joe smile, which is nice to see.

I told Joe that he had better enjoy his abs now, while he is young.

Because things change.

For normal people anyway.




Corey's brother and wife drove up from Utah to hang out with us all weekend.

While Joe was with his team, after the meet, us adults went to the movies and bowling.

It was so much fun! We sure do love those guys!

It was fun to go, but it sure is nice to be back.

I guess there really is "No place like home."

No comments: