Sunday, March 14, 2010

Teenagers Everywhere!

The twins are both in student government this year.

The freshman were assigned the "Spring Fling" dance.

Usually the freshman assigned dances never come to fruition.

The last time a freshman class actually had a dance, they came in $280 in the hole.

But this year's freshman are not an ordinary class.

As a group, they are motivated, organized, thrifty and smart.

They needed to hire a DJ, plan refreshments, make/buy decorations and advertise.

They had a "work party" at our house to make the cutest lil' Shamrocks with glitter edging.

I came downstairs to find my foyer full of teenager gear.


I went in my dining room to see teenagers...everywhere...

I went into my kitchen to find a couple of teenage boys eating my peach cobbler out of the pan.

Ummm...make yourselves right at home?

I helped the kids with the refreshments and was asked to chaperone.

How did the dance turn out?

THANK YOU FOR ASKING! THEY DID SUCH A GOOD JOB AND THE KIDS HAD SO MUCH FU...

WHAT?

Oh, sorry.

I didn't realize that I was yelling.

You see, my eardrums are still bleeding from the loud music.

And, m...m...my b...b...bones are st...st...still vi...bra...ting...from the boom boom boom.

And, I'm pretty sure that is a good indicator that I am old.

The dance wasn't heavily attended (which is par for a freshman organized dance).

The upperclassmen are too cool to attend.

But they still made money.

And they had fun.

And it was a good experience for them to plan an event.

They are already talking about planning one next year.

Hopefully my eardrums have recovered by then...

1 comment:

rachel said...

i've missed your posts. :)