Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Due to Corey being called out of town last minute and apparently I'm still bitter about that on Matthew's birthday, we celebrated his birthday in stages.

On his actual birthday, I took just him which was a treat in itself to Toys R Us to do a little bit of shopping. I don't think that I've ever seen him so excited. It felt like he looked at every toy in the store before deciding on the Diego Wii game. As we left the store he told me "Mom, you are a genie-us", which translated means "Mom, you are a genius." only 5 and already so smart.

I had a couple more errands to run and then we got him an ice cream cone. As I tucked him into bed he told me that it had been the best day of his life. I'm glad that we don't spoil them because then when they get a treat, they really appreciate it.

The next day he got to choose what to eat for dinner. And he choose...Waffles! Yummy, homemade cornmeal waffles with real maple syrup. Yum, Yum in the Tum Tum and then out the Bum Bum.

Then on Sunday, after dinner we had cake and ice cream. A super duper chocolate cake with from scratch cream cheese frosting and covered in worms. Cookies and Cream ice cream rounded out the bellies dessert.

I just love that kid!!!

1 comment:

tannersmom said...

What a special birthday for Mathew! I loved this post!