Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The frog may have to die


Don't misunderstand me here, I love for the kids to sit down and watch a nice educational DVD or five so I can have a break. It's just when they want to watch the same DVD over and over and over and... you see my point?

We've had this DVD for years. Have you actually ever watched it? Tad, the annoying, whining toddler frog goes about learning his ABC sounds to a catchy little tune.

I'm sorry, but when you have this song stuck in your head every last ever loving day it makes you want to do strange stranger than normal things.

I'm guessing that the moms that can stand sitting through this DVD multiple times are:

a. Medicated

b. Own ear plugs

c. Comatose

d. All the above

I don't know about you, but I'm going with d. All the above

Levi just turned three but he's been showing signs which I have been ignoring of reading readiness for some time now. He's incredibly smart so much that he makes my birth kids look kinda dumb and loves, loves, loves his ABC's. He also loves Tad and he's obsessed with this video.

So when the first words out of his mouth this morning were "Mommy, I want to watch the ABC's", I had visions of strangling a small, annoying, perky frog. Not that I actually would in front of the kids and it could just be that I'm feeling rather cranky due to the fact that I quit drinking Diet Pepsi for an entire day. So no need to call DFS (Department of Frog Services)
I know, dumb, but that's just how my strange little mind works
.

I might just "lose" the DVD for awhile instead...


1 comment:

Jut and Char said...

I understand your frustration but no matter how many times I have to listen to that DVD, (I can't stand to watch it) I still am so glad that I bought it. Lexie wouldn't let me teach her anything especially her ABC's and after having that DVD for a week she knew all her letters and their sounds. The frog is annoying but he is so worth it.:)
Char