You may remember this earring organizer-
I needed a way to hang up all my other earrings so,
I picked up a couple of plate hangers...
Painted a couple of frames from GW with Canyon Black.
Stapled window screen to the back of one.
Plastic mesh screen waaaay easier to deal with then the metal kind.
I can now easily take my frame down and take my earring backs off and on.
For the remaining kind of earrings, I stapled 3/8" grosgrain ribbon in strips.
I added a couple ribbons going down and then hand stitched them to the ones going across for stability.
I heat sealed all my ribbon ends with my wood burning tool.
All nice and tidy!
I finished off the back of both kinds of frames by hot gluing 3/8" grosgrain ribbon along the edges.
I still needed something to help organize my necklaces and I came across the perfect thing at GW for $2.
Here is a close up of the beautiful spindly looking thing that I painted black to match. I think it was a towel bar but I'm not sure.
Soooo much easier to deal with them this way instead of a jumbled pile at the bottom of one of my dresser drawers.