Thursday, October 28, 2010

Out of the mouth of a very cute little four year old boy babes...

I love to make Halloween costumes.

Store bought costumes are great too, but I just love to make them myself.

Because it is all about me.

Ok, the kids can be a little reason for it too, I guess.

Matthew and Levi have their little hearts set on being Mario and Luigi.

So...I've been working on their costumes.

I'm almost done.

I just have Luigi's hat left to make.

Levi has been bugging me nonstop about his hat.

"Is it done yet Mom?"

"Where is my hat?"

"Is it almost ready?"

You get the picture, right?

So, yesterday, not surprisingly, he asked me about his hat.

I told him that it wasn't ready yet.

This is our conversation...

Levi: "Is my hat done yet?"

Me:  "Not yet."

Levi:  "Well, flippin crap"

**shocked silence**

Me: "What did you just say?"

Levi: "Flippin crap"

**Corey and I look at each other and look at him**

**More shocked silence**

Me: "Why would you talk like that?"

Levi: "Because my hat isn't done"

Hmmmm...can't fault him in his logic.

At this point, Corey and I are both on the verge of laughter bad parents, I know.

I send him to the corner after I compose myself.

Flippin crap?

Where does he get this from?

We do not flip crap around our house although the smell in the boys bedroom might lead you to believe otherwise,

He must have picked that up from school.

Because I certainly don't speak that way.

Well, I'd better get back to work on that hat.

Even if I have to stay up late.

Sigh...

Flippin crap! ;)

2 comments:

Jensamom23 said...

Kids say the darndest things, don't they? Tee Hee

Jensamom23 said...

Kids say the darndest things, don't they? Tee Hee