Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Decor

I love me some Halloween!

But, to be honest, this year has been brutal.

Having kids in high school, playing high school sports, in student government and planning activities, etc, etc, etc...yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah...

I've whined about it all before.

I was actually thinking about not decorating for Halloween this year but people started asking...

So, we caved in to the peer pressure and decorated.

The Halloween store can thank me later.

Pretty embarrassing that they know me by name.

Ahem...

Anywhoo...

The slave labor kids got out the decor and surprised me by putting out the yard items while I was gone.

I say surprised because this is what I found upon arriving back home...
So, after quality control stepped in and removed Frosty from the yard, this is what we ended up with.

Come meet the rest of our family...

Donna the Dead
Count Vigor
The Countess
Witch with Talking Crystal Ball
Dancing Skeleton with moves better than Michael Jackson
Heads Up Harry
Dr. Shivers
With his table full of experiments
The Butler
Becky

Whoops...not me after all...
Crystal Ball
Monster

I love this guy!

Smooches to ya!
Neil the Meal
Huge, hairy spider

**shiver**
The best decor of all...

My kitty Boo
The Graveyard
Pirate Ship
Yard pix are super hard to take at night
Blow ups, lighted animatronics and ground breakers
Heart anyone?

We got close to 200 trick or treaters this year which is a record for us!

Hope you had a safe and happy Halloween!

3 comments:

megan said...

We missed coming to your house this year. We didn't even do a drive by. I am sad it looks like you keep on making it better. Your kids did a nice job on their pumpkins as well.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Wow, you went all out! It looks like so much fun, no wonder you got a record turnout of trick or treaters.
We never get any, live too far from a real neighborhood.
Glad you found the energy to decorate, it looks like it was totally worth it.

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

So, I must know, what do you do with all the candy your kids come home with??? I just have four children and more candy then a family of 50 needs. What do I do with it all??? Please help me with this!
OH and love the decorations!